For the first two weeks of January the city will pick up Christmas trees on your recycling day and compost them.
Boston residents must dispose of their Christmas trees on their recycling day between Monday December 30, 2013 and January 10, 2014. The Public Works Department will collect and compost the trees.
- Remove all ornaments, decorations and stands from trees
- Place tree at curb on your recycling day.
- Do not put trees in plastic bags.
If you don't have time to compost your leaves or yard debris, the City will collect it for you and create compost to fertilize neighborhood parks.
Leaf & Yard Waste Guidelines:
- Place leaves, and yard debris in large paper leaf bags or open barrels labeled 'Yard Waste'.
- Tie branches with string, 3 feet maximum length and no wider than 1 inch; do NOT put branches in barrels.
- Yard waste in plastic bags will also not be collected.
- Put barrels, bags and branches on the curb by 7:00AM on your Recycling Day, during the collection dates listed below.
- Yard waste will not be collected with trash during this period.
- There are no more Saturday collections.
Request Yard Waste Sticker
More Information on Leaf & Yard Waste Collection